Aaaaaah April babies. They are the best kind of people, I know because I am one of them. So is my best friend Sidney, so that just goes on to validate my point. Tomorrow, APRIL 2 is Sidney's 23rd birthday. She thinks I don't know her birthday because I may have JOKINGLY said it was April 1st (April foooooools!). Sidney- if you're reading this, which I know you are because you're obsessed with me -kidding- HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
I've known Sidney since Kindergarten. Our memories range from spontaneous moments to everyday rhythm. We have been along for each others iconic hair cuts in elementary school, to sharing a gym locker in junior high, to spending our first year of high school summer memorizing the movie 'Stand By Me', to driving to the Oregon Coast the week before finals in college. Our friendship has deep roots in the humor of our childhood to growing into adulthood together. Most people find our friendship overwhelming because we can com bust into obnoxious laughter just by giving each other a slight glance. Sidney is also my friend who could faithfully and correctly recite my food and coffee orders, if that doesn't deem her my best friend I don't know what does. I also have her preferences down to an art form, but that's easier because Sidney always orders hot wings. It's one of the most charming qualities in a person. Someone who likes hot wings for every meal. Simply lovely. Spicy wings for a spicy broad.
Sidneys turning 23 so I thought I'd list of 23 of my favorite things about her;
1. She always picked me in school sports despite my lack of athletic ability.
2. She is generous and kind to everyone.
3. We have the same shoe size,,, and she has great taste in shoes.
4. She occasionally debates getting bangs, and I am a firm believer that real honest people have that conversation with themselves from time to time.
5. She is an avid reader, she can always recommend or lend a good book.
6. She loves her family.
7. She's a HELL OF A TAP DANCER
8. She can't sing in rhythm, but damn she tries.
9. She says pretzels weird, she pronounces them prentzels, but at this point I'm just rolling with her blatant mispronunciation of the word.
10. She loves to hike.
11. She laughs at all my flop jokes when no one else does.
12. She always lets me put as much salt and butter on popcorn at the movies, and pretends she likes it to appease me.
13. SHE IS THE KWEEEEN of thrift shopping. She has the innate ability to find hidden gems. 10/10 recommend taking her thrifting.
14. She once full out tackled a boy to the ground in junior high for lying about seeing my boobs. I'm talking she laid out his lying ass. Best friend.
15. She always dancing theatrically despite if people are watching.
16. She stands by the belief that Kraft Mac and Cheese is superior to most all other pasta.
17. She is always down for road trips.
18. She brings me coffee and eggs benedict to work.
19. She has advanced and well timed Office references.
20. I once accidentally got a Lincoln Park CD stuck in her car for over a year, and she is still my friend to this day. Even though she can no longer listen to that CD without getting irrationally mad.
21. She loves the ocean.
22. She recommends the best music.
23. She is the best story teller. When she retells an event it can bring me to tears with laughter because she knows how to tell a gut busting story.
HAPPY BDAY SID! I hope 23 brings you happiness.
Libby Anne Groseclose